I’m Gemma Scougal and I founded WildWays in 2018 as a way to share my passion and enthusiasm for the outdoors with others. WildWays provides guided walks and navigation skills in the Peak District and South Yorkshire designed for all abilities.
- Navigation for runners
- Women only navigation days
- Navigation skills days
- NNAS Navigation Awards (coming soon)
Duke of Edinburgh Award
Gemma is an accredited Duke of Edinburgh Expedition expedition assessor. Please get in touch to discuss any work and availability.
Why choose WildWays?
- Firstly, I am passionate about the outdoors and want to share my enthusiasm with you.
- By catering for small groups, ensures that you get a more personal approach and the best experience.
- I am very conscious of keeping my clients safe; I am a qualified Hill and Moorland Leader with Mountain Training and certified as an Outdoor Emergency First Aider.
- By providing the highest quality of service you are rewarded with a day out that you’ll find both inspiring and rewarding.
Empower you and give you the skills and confidence you need to go on your own safe hill walking adventures.
Teach you to appreciate and look after nature and the environment.
Provide experiences and memories that you will treasure forever!
I’m a professional geologist, so I’m more than happy to tell you about the amazing geological history of the Peak District while we walk. As well as earth sciences, I love running, road cycling, climbing and, of course, hill walking. I’ve learnt my navigation skills from 20 years of experience of walking in the hills and mountains of the UK and Europe.
Check out my blogs, where I write about my (micro)adventures and provide practical camping recipes as well as tips and tricks to help you enjoy your own hill walking trips.
The Legal Stuff
I want to make you feel safe and secure when you come walking with me. I’m a qualified Outdoor First Aider and obtained my Hill and Moorland Leader Award with Mountain Training in 2019. I’m up-to-date when it comes to Public and Employer Liability Insurance and I am fully GDPR compliant in fields of data protection and have an enhanced DBS. Any other instructors I may use are all fully qualified and first aid trained. From 2021, I have a COVID-19 policy in place and the UK industry standard ‘Good To Go’.
Thanks and credit to Rich PICings for supplying many of the photos for the website.